Friday 1 February 2008

A visit to the docs, reflexology and another house offer

Well thankfully I managed to sort out my sleeping problems with reflexology. Seeing as I'm a qualified reflexologist and know how it can aid sleep, I can't believe I hadn't thought of it before! I know just how lucky I am lucky that I don't need to go and pay someone else to fiddle with my feet as I can! Hooray!

However, my other Crohn's related problems haven't subsided as yet, so after realising I was due my regular B12 injection, I went to the docs to have that and to mention my problems (I went armed with a list of french translations to help in case I forgot my words, which she found amusing and worrying as she said she was wondering how many more symptoms there were going to be!). However, although she was kind I don't have complete faith that she knows much about my condition, as she went on about how there might be too much salt in my system which could irritate my insides, and has given me something to reduce the salt. I have never heard of this before, and am a little puzzled as what normally happens when you have diarrhoea is that you are supposed to replace the salt, not reduce it even further! But, I'm trying to keep an open mind about this one, as maybe my french GP knows a thing or two that I don't. However, she has said to me that if I don't feel better in a few days that I must go back. (I'm thinking that I would rather go and see my consultant at the hospital - he is after all supposed to be one of the best in Europe). Anyway, will have to watch this space.

Had another house offer too in the last few days, and so far so good. The man who wants our house has got a whopping huge deposit of wait for it.. £90,000! Let's hope then that nothing can go wrong with this guy and that he doesn't pull out for any reason. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you. I have Celiac Disease. Found out four years ago at the ripe old age of 46. I thought going gluten free would heal all my ills, my bone density scores would soar (I have severe osteoporosis), my neck and shoulder spasms would go away and all would be well. All my mouth sores did go away for which I am thankful. I could hardly stand to eat or talk for almost four months. But my body is falling apart. Now I have tendonitis in BOTH arms, seeing an orthoedic surgeon the 26th. My doctor doens't know much about Celiac so I have been reading. I found a book that was encouraging on one hand but discouraging on the other. There is hope, but getting to the hope is nearly impossible. I know if God wants to heal me He can provide the means. I wrote about the book and my thoughts in a post called Book Review: Performance without Pain...take a look at it if you like at my blog. Click on my name at the top of my comment here and it will take you to my blog, then you can look in the archives for that post.
I hope you can find the answers to your problems. It must be frightening. Marsha

Ruth said...

Thanks for your kind comments Marsha. I'm really sorry to hear of your sufferings though, must be horrid. I really hope you get some relief soon. Once the docs thought I was coeliac - before they discovered I had Crohn's. I guess it must be really hard for you to have to make all those dietary changes, so I feel for you. Will take a look at your blog soon, as at the moment I've got a bad bout of flu and raging temperatures so don't feel up to reading or being out of bed for very long. Take care, Ruth xx