Monday 25 February 2008

Not been well again

Apologies for not being around much recently, but I have had a bad bout of the flu and now my Crohn's has been affected in quite a big way. I was hoping to dodge a relapse or worse stricturing (permanent scarring of the intestine) but I'm not so sure I have managed to. I'm thinking (rather reluctantly) that I will probably have to stop putting off visiting the french docs and just go and see what they have to say. Hopefully it's good news, but if it isn't I know that waiting and hoping that it will go away won't help me.

Unfortunately a trip to the docs isn't as simple and easy as it sounds, for it involves a very long drive down a very twisty turny mountain road and if I'm not lucky enough to either have the use of a car or get a lift, I might have to first hike up the mountain to the bus stop, catch the bus which takes a very long time and then get a tram - not really something I will want to be doing when I'm feeling so ill (usually if I end up going to hospitals in an emergency I am bent over in agony hardly being able to crawl let alone walk and trying hard not to be sick and not that often managing it).


Alas, it is probably much smarter to go and see the docs BEFORE I end up in a really bad way. There is just still a little part of me that somehow hopes that I will feel better without having to do that! Also, I have only got just under 2 more weeks to wait until my next infusion treatment. Not long if I feel a bit better, but will seem like an age if I don't. Oh well, will see how it goes!

1 comment:

Cally said...

I found you again!
Phew, I kept searching but only could get the old blog (and also found your poem, i loved that you wrote it and it has already helped so many other people).

so sorry that you're having another tough run with things. your story of what it takes to get to the doc make me stop complaining about my 45min walk to my own doc each month (it should take 15mins but i'm so slow).

i was frustrated at not being able to get lifts and buses not going near the place, but you have some more extreme travel difficulties. i hope you can get checked soon, so things don't worsen.

really glad your reflexology has helped you sleep. my sleep was shit while the doc tried to force pills on my, but now i'm free of them i'm getting about 4hrs most days. not enough, but better than before. i really hope you are getting some.

Mr P had the vomitting virus last week, nasty business and you know how he hates to be unwell for even 5mins, but he was a better patient than usual and took all the herbs and vits i prescribed. i took them too and didn't catch the bug - which is a mini miracle cause apparently when one person in a house gets it then EVERYONE gets it. I was very garlicky that week :0)

sorry i don't correspond enough. i'm still finding it hard, so much so i never even posted my white blog posts (the BEST ones) from January, and now it's march - pooey.

but hey, we do what we can. good health wishes for us all, but especially for you... xxxxx