Wednesday 16 January 2008

Selling up and moving on

The cute maisonette in England which I jointly own has been on the market now for several months, and we have now had an offer, which we have accepted. I have had mixed emotions about letting it go because I put a lot of time, energy and love into the place, decorating it and making it a home, plus I have a lot of memories there and so seeing it go is really quite hard. I'm sure there are lots of you out there who feel the same, if for whatever reason, you too need to sell up your home. However, I am trying to be philosophical about it, and realise that change is so often positive, and if by selling it, it allows me to make a fresh start if/when I return to england, then that's gotta be a good thing. Mr W has also pointed out that sometimes having a mortgage can be such a tie, as it means you can't go anywhere else and you are more or less tied to that one place (unless you are rich of course), but sometimes if you let it go, it can open up lots of new opportunities for you. I think he's right, plus I've already made so many changes in my life last year, one more shouldn't make much difference. And in fact I'm now finding the idea increasingly exciting, as now I believe the possibilities are endless.

No comments: