Friday 11 January 2008

L'hopital

The above photo is of a tram at night, around christmas time.

Well, the docs finally decided to give me my treatment yesterday after all, which I'm pretty grateful for. I'm feeling pretty wiped out now, have the runs and also a few aches and pains, but it's all normal. I just need to rest. I know this will sound a bit nasty, but at least if I get ill it was the docs decision to give it to me and I haven't hidden anything from them. Oh except one thing which I simply forgot to mention and which probably I should have done, and which I will have to keep an eye on as it is starting to worry me a bit (I won't mention it here in case anyone is a bit squeamish!).


Unfortunately my favourite french nurse wasn't there yesterday so I had someone else, but he was still very pleasant and so I can't complain. In fact they are all lovely there and all try to make an effort to speak english when I can't understand what they are saying. Although of course I speak as much french as I can possibly manage. It is frustrating for me sometimes as being a chatter box, I would like to say a lot more than I know how to, but at least they get some peace.


We (me and the lovely guy I live with with, who I will call Mr W from now on), decided to park the car in the Park and Ride and get the tram to the hospital. It cost only 1,50 euros which included the car and us, so I thought that was a pretty great deal. I still get excited travelling on the trams, because I find them so fascinating and also because they go all over the place, you get to see a lot of places that you might not normally. The hospital itself is a very large concrete structure, which is not very pretty to look at and reminds me of The Royal Free hospital in Hamsptead, London (where I used to be a patient) which I always used to think imposed on it's lovely surroundings. However, I can't complain as when you are inside the french hospital you get some amazing views of the snow-capped mountains, so really I'm spoilt.


No comments: