Saturday 10 January 2009

A surprisingly lovely trip to and from the docs!

Well, there was me worrying a little about my trip to the docs yesterday, and yet it turned out to be rather heavenly! The bus driver took it nice and easy on the twists and turns, and the weather was so absolutely beautiful (had freshly snowed and the sun was shining brightly) that it was such a treat to travel "high up" on the bus, as I could see for miles around the amazing views stretching into the distance. We travelled through gorgeous little villages with houses to die-for, and farms sprinkled here and there (definitely perfect pictures for xmas cards!) and I did curse myself several times for not having my camera with me - should have learnt that by now I should probably carry one with me at all times, as you never know when a picture opportunity might arise, and it does tend to be pretty often in this part of the world.

After the doctor, I had a truly lovely and peaceful walk in a park, with the snow sparking from the sun under my snow-booted feet. I was the only one there - bliss! The air was so pure, I felt sure it would do my lungs no harm, so I stayed there as long as I could just revelling in the stillness and the beauty of it all.

I truly wish I had photos to show you, but have decided to try and capture it another day. Love Ruth xxxx

No comments: