Friday 9 May 2008

Had my fun - now suffering for it!




It's exactly as the title says - I had my fun of hiking up the mountain, sledging, skiing, a few fairly local days out plus a two-week visit to England and Wales (which I've yet to post about), but now my body is reminding me it was all too much and I'm getting punished!

Feeling very ill now with very high temperatures, chills, shivers, pains all over, diarrhoea, abdo pains, a painful cheek and jaw bone and slight swelling on one side of my face (which I'm not sure if is related to all my other symptoms, or if its sinus-related or worse if it's a sign of a dreaded infection). Also feeling totally exhausted and faint the whole time and have literally dragged myself out of bed to type this (aren't I an idiot!).

However, I haven't typed this for a moan and a whinge (although it may well look like it!). No, I've posted it because I need to point out that whilst I may look like I'm forever having the time of my life (and yes, I do savour the special moments I do have), I do have to pay for it afterwards every single time. But hey, I guess having those good times are worth feeling this ill - I hope so anyway! It would so be nice though if for once I could have a happy time and then not be ill after. That would be such a treat!

Have posted some pretty flowers to try and make myself feel a little better. Hope you like them, Ruth xx




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww Ruth, sorry to hear you're suffering - hopefully you'll be up and active again soon. Thanks for visiting my pages of moans recently - I too, hope to be writing about happier times soon.
Take care and look after yourself.

Gary
PS - I've started a non-crohn's related blog to keep things in perspective, but I've started it with a duplicate of today Old Crohn moan - you might want to visit it sometime http://bodgesbulletin.blogspot.com

Cheers
Gary

Anonymous said...

Hi Ruth. Chuck here. I send you good vibes of loving healing.
Please click my link and view my profile plus weblogs. I hope you enjoy them.

mrsnesbitt said...

Sorry to hear you are unwell.
Any pal of Gary's is a pal of mine!

Chadwick said...

Ruth: So sorry you are feeling bad. Unfortunately, with the hand life has dealt us, we have to pick our battles and ask is the pain afterward worth the fun we are going to have right now.

From what I saw of your pictures, it looks like your fun was worth it.

Get to feeling better!!

Ruth said...

Thanks people for your kind comments. As you can see from my latest post, I'm still suffering. Hope to be posting more happier things soon. Wishing you all the best in health and happiness, Ruth xx